These are some *gourmet* tacos if I’ve ever made any! Topped with fresh guac, black olives, cilantro and scallions! Woah! So very delicious!
Tasty Tempeh Tacos
- 12 hard taco shells
- 1 (15 ounce) pack of tempeh, crumbled
- ½ cup water + ½ cup Bragg aminos
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ onion, diced
- ½ cup vegan cheese shreds
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup chopped scallions
- ½ cup chopped black olives
- Marinate crumbled temeph in water+aminos in flat tupperware for at least 1 hour and up to 3 days (refrigerated).
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. In large skillet on stove, water sauté the tempeh, onions, and cumin in 1 cup water, covered, on medium heat. Cook for about 30 minutes, until tender, monitoring the water level. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the taco shells on a baking sheet, then add 1 tablespoon of the “cheese” shreds to each. Bake in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Set out ingredients buffet styles in bowls. Let everyone layer the tacos to their liking. Devour!