This is my favorite way to wake up in the morning! A cocoa-infused, refreshing beverage, full of nutrients that tastes like sweet ambrosia.
I don’t drink coffee so this kicks me into high gear. This smoothie is full of enough cocoa and nutrients that it energizes me for hours, in a much more stable way and healthy way.
Other great additions to this smoothie are up to you! Try spirulina powder, fresh berries, or coconut shreds.
Wake Up Chocolate Smoothie
- 1 banana, peeled
- 4 pitted dates
- 5 drops liquid stevia (optional)
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 1 heaping tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon cocoa nibs
- 1 teaspoon hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon Maca powder
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup water
- 6 ice cubes
- Place ingredients (except cacao nibs) in high-speed blender, water and ice last.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. Add cacao nibs in last 30 seconds of blends. Enjoy!
For more than 100 lovingly-crafted vegan recipes, order the eBook, which gets delivered right to your inbox:
Recipes for Compassion Vegan e-Cookbook, $10
Thank you for your interest in compassionate eating!