This really hit the spot! Marinara AND Alfredo sauces?! Heavenly! The tempeh “meatballs,” are marinated overnight for the best flavor and tender texture. Lots of garlic and basil later… voilá! An impressive, gourmet pasta dish!
This alfredo sauce adds a cheesy richness, but is made with cauliflower instead! Reap the many brassica benefits instead of suffering the gut-wrenching cheese gut after a traditionally heavy meal!
I used gluten-free brown rice pasta, which I love. And this is an oil-free meal, so eat up!
Alfredo Marinara Pasta
A delightfully rich and hearty Italian-inspired dinner!
- 1 (12 ounce) package brown rice capellini pasta
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 (12 ounce) tempeh block, chopped
- ½ cup Bragg aminos or soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 kale leaves, stemmed and chopped
- 1 large jar marinara sauce
- alfredo sauce:
- 1 cauliflower, chopped
- ½ cup plant milk
- ¼ cup raw cashew butter
- ¼ lemon, juiced
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ chopped basil
- Hours or days before, marinate the tempeh in ½ cup Bragg aminos or soy sauce.
- Boil salted water for pasta, follow instructions on package to cook, drain, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, water-sauté cauliflower in small soup pot in 1 cup water on medium-high, covered, until tender, about 5 minutes.
- In large skillet, water-sauté the onions, tempeh, and garlic in 1 cup water on medium-high, covered, for about 20 minutes. Once tender, add kale and continue to water-sauté, covered, until wilted, about 5 more minutes.
- Food process all ingredients for alfredo sauce until creamy and smooth. Pour over drained pasta and stir to coat. Cover and set aside.
- Assemble plates with alfredo pasta topped with the tempeh marinara sauce. Garnish with basil and enjoy!
Over a hundred more recipes like this in my eBook –
Recipes for Compassion Vegan eCookbook, $10: