Happy Smoothie Week! And *Aloha* from Maui, Hawaii! I’m excited to share a smoothie recipe with some truly wild ingredients. Look at these gorgeous cacao pods:
Can you guess what it is? If you’re anything like me, it’s your favorite food – CHOCOLATE! More often called Cacao, in this raw state.
Inside are the Cacao Beans, surrounded by a sweet white fruit. We tried a couple straight, and WOW! A nice little wake-me-up…
I decided to make a smoothie with them too, and it turned out like a sip of ambrosia straight from heaven. Introducing, all the way from the Hawaiian Islands… my Hawaiian Bliss Cacao Vanilla Smoothie!
Hawaiian Bliss Cacao Vanilla Smoothie
An incredibly unique smoothie, with the freshest tropical ingredients you can imagine. Nectar of the Gods!
- 2 regular bananas
- 4 fresh dates
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk
- 10 fresh cacao seeds with fruit attached
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 cups water + 1 cup ice
- Split open the vanilla bean and scrape out paste with a knife.
- Add all ingredients to a high-powered blender, adding the water and ice last.
- Blend until creamy but cacao seeds still have some crunch.
Aloha, and Mahalo!