Ready for a super nutritious, gourmet snack that’s also oil-free?! Me too! I love cooking without oil, as you know, and that extends to baking and roasting too. Most recently, I’m obsessing over these sweet potato fries, especially with this mustard dipping sauce!
Sweet potatoes are high in iron, vitamins D, C, B6, boosts immunity, and ward off aging and cancers! Pretty awesome health benefits! Choose the orange-skinned sweet potatoes when shopping.
Yam Fries and Mustard Sauce
- 4 sweet potatoes (orange skinned)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon onion granules
- ½ teaspoon garlic granules
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika (optional) chili mustard dipping sauce:
- ¼ cup any yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon chili power
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Slice the potatoes lengthwise into fries about ½-inch thickness.
- Toss in bowl with spices.
- Bake the fries on 2 parchment-lined baking sheets for 30 minutes. Stir, then bake another 10 minutes.
- Stir mustard sauce together in a small bowl.
- Serve fries hot with dipping sauce, and enjoy!
The mustard dipping sauce goes perfectly with the fries! It’s tangy and sweet with the mildest earthy spice. Super easy to whip up!
If you try this recipe, please share! Leave a comment below, and remember to take a picture and tag it #veganrecipesforcompassion on Instagram. I’d love to see! Thanks, friends!
This did not last long! Totally addictive! I think my body just knows what’s good for it!