Jicama is a delightfully sweet and crunchy root veggie, choke full of vitamins and minerals. It’s high in fiber so it can help promote weight loss and digestion.
If you’ve never tried it, imagine the texture of an Asian pear crossed with the flavor of sweet celery. It’s lovely!
Paired with this tangy, creamy dressing, this sweet/savory salad is oil-free, gluten-free, sugar-free, and of course, vegan!
A light and springy recipe perfect when you want something light and sweet.
- avocado lime dressing:
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- ½ avocado (save the other half for garnish)
- ½ cup water
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ teaspoon Bragg aminos or salt to taste
- dash of cayenne salad:
- 1 jicama (aka Jerusalem Artichoke), peeled
- 1 carrot
- ½ cup corn kernels
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt garnish:
- ½ avocado, cubed or sliced
- Food process the dressing (or mix by hand), garlic first. Set aside.
- Spiralize or julienne the jicama and carrot. Add to bowl. Gently stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour dressing on top and mix thoroughly. Garnish, serve, and enjoy!
Friends, if you try this lovely recipe, let us know! Leave a comment it and tag a picture with #veganrecipesforcompassion on Instagram! We’d love to see what you come up with. Cheers!