These are some of the yummiest truffles I make! Yet so simple. They’re rich, chocolatey, and perfectly sweet, with a hint of sea salt. All while staying surprisingly healthy. Sugar-free, oil-free, gluten-free, and vegan of course!
Pecans are one of my all-time favorite nuts. The tender American tree nuts are rich and buttery tasting. Pecans are a great source of energy, minerals, and antioxidants and vitamins that are essential for wellness.
These little chocolate balls of wonder are perfect to bust out for potlucks, dinner parties, or holidays. Easy to whip up, so give em a try!
Handy tip: Refrigerate your coconut milk overnight to make solid. Look for a brand without emulsifiers. It should have only two ingredients: coconut and water.
A decadent, rich, chocolatey dessert you will love!
- 1¾ cups raw pecans
- 1 cup packed Medjool dates, pitted
- ⅓ cup cacao powder
- ¼ cup full-fat coconut milk solids
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon liquid stevia (optional)
- Food process pecans first until finely mixed. Optionally, set ¼ cup aside for coating.
- Add remaining ingredients, pulsing until well mixed.
- Using your hands and a spoon, roll into small balls, optionally coating with chopped pecans.
- Keep in the refrigerator up to 1 week or store leftovers in freezer up to 1 month. Warning: addictive!
Remember to Pin for later…
Friends, if you try this lovely recipe, let us know! Leave a comment it and tag your own picture #veganrecipesforcompassion on Instagram! We’d love to see what you come up with. Cheers 🙂