This bowl of plant powered fuel is super easy to whip up! I doubled the recipe for an easy meal to grab from the fridge throughout the week.
Chickpeas are a powerhouse food. Aka garbanzo beans, one cup gives ya 15 grams of protein. They’re high in fiber and folate (great for pregnant mamas!) Chickpeas improve blood sugar levels, maintain bone strength, and benefit heart health.
I’m also obsessed with these gorgeous fingerling potatoes… wow!…
Bonus: this recipe is oil-free, sugar-free, and gluten-free. Oil-free means easy weight loss but does not mean giving up incredible flavor.
Water-sautéing is the future! – you heard it here first 🙂 It’s easy, delicious, and So. Much. Healthier…
This delectable Buddha Bowl is warming, comforting, super satisfying, and loaded with flavor. Here’s the printable, Pin-able recipe:
Chickpea Buddha Bowl with Smoky Garlic Dressing
A nutritious, hearty, and flavorful bowl with a warming, mild spice.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 8 fingerling potatoes, diced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 kale leaves, stemmed and chopped
- 1 large carrot, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper smoky garlic dressing:
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ cup cashew cream
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons Bragg aminos or salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon liquid smoke
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large skillet, heat 1 cup of water with chickpeas, potatoes, onion, and garlic on medium-high, covered. Water-sauté for 10-15 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Turn to medium-low, then add kale, carrots, and spices. Cook covered another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whip up the dressing! Food process the garlic first, then add then rest and mix until creamy and smooth.
- Arrange each bowl and drizzle with dressing. Gobble it up!
Remember to Pin for later…
If you try this yummy bowl, please let me know what you think! Leave a comment and tag a picture #veganrecipesforcompassion on Instagram! We’d love to see what you come up with. Enjoy!