My first road trip to Northern California introduced me to the joy of picking blackberries right off the bush. They’re invasive and prickly, but who cares when you’re popping the sweet, juicy berries into your mouth in the summertime?
Blackberries have a few exceptional qualities: they’re rich in bioflavonoids and Vitamin C, have one of the highest antioxidant levels of all fruits, and lower the risk of several cancers. The tannins help with oral and digestive issues, and the high Vitamin K content helps relax muscles. Drink up! 🙂
A luscious and healthy morning breakfast treat!
- 1 bananas
- 1 cup frozen or fresh blackberries
- 4 dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon liquid stevia (optional)
- dash of sea salt
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup ice
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender, saving the water, then ice, for last. Blend for about 30 seconds, until creamy and smooth.
- Adjust water, salt, dates, and optional stevia according to your desired thickness and taste. Enjoy!