I’m always searching for ways to get more lentils in me! They’re high in protein, iron, fiber, and B-vitamins so getchu some! Bonus: lentils require no overnight soaking or long cook times, especially these split lentils…
With that in mind I made this creamy coconut-y soup the other day and Hubs declared it “might be one of your best soups ever!” Thanks babe! So I had to share the recipe with you guys.
It’s an easy soup that works as a complete meal. I like to make a big pot and have it at-the-ready throughout the week for lunch.
Curried Lentil Coconut Soup
A rich and creamy Thai-inspired soup, full of protein and nutrients.
- 2¾ cups water
- 1 cup split red lentils
- 1 potato, cubed
- ½ onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 kale leaf, stemmed and chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- ½ of a 15 ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- dash of cayenne garnish:
- fresh chopped cilantro
- squeeze of lime
- Add lentils, onions, potatoes, and ginger to a soup pot. Bring to a boil. Immediately turn heat down to low and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Add veggies, garlic, and mustard seeds. Cook another 5-10 minutes on low, until the lentils are fully tender.
- Add the coconut milk and remaining spices and salt. Stir well and remove from heat.
- Allow flavors to meld another 5 minutes. Garnish and enjoy!
Friends, if you try this lovely recipe, let me know in the comments below or on Instagram. I’d love to hear how you like it. In good health! ♥️
And remember to Pin for later…