These appetizer rolls are filled with an Italian-inspired seed paste. They’re actually really easy and super fun to make. They’re almost-raw, gluten-free, and oil-free.
Gather ye earthy ingredients:
Using a mandolin, you’ll slice the cucumbers like so:
Adding the yummy filling, then roll em up:
A light appetizer that feels like a garden party in your mouth! (makes about 8 rolls)
- 1 cucumber sun-dried tomato filling:
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup basil leaves
- ½ cup sunflower seeds, soaked 2+ hours
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, soaked 10+ minutes
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Bragg aminos or soy sauce
- Cut off ends of cucumbers, then use a mandolin or knife to cut thin slices, lengthwise.
- With paper towels, lightly pat off some of the moisture from the cucumbers.
- Food process the garlic first, then add remaining filling ingredients. Pulse until roughly mixed.
- Lay out each cucumber slice and spread about 2 tablespoons of the filling all the way across. Roll up and secure with a toothpick.
Friends, if you try this lovely recipe, let us know! Leave a comment it and tag a picture #veganrecipesforcompassion on Instagram! We’d love to see what you come up with. Cheers!