A rich, cheesy, satisfying meal that leaves you feeling light and healthier for it. It tastes bright, warming, and mouth-watering. It’s surprisingly healthy, which I think is the Holy Grail for all dishes – it tastes super decadent, but is very low-fat, gluten-free, and oil-free.
Cauliflower is a descendant of wild cabbage, believed to have originated in ancient Asia Minor in the northeastern part of the Mediterranean. It became commercially available in America in the 1920s.
Basically, cauliflower is a super food! Cauliflower is a rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin K, folate, choline, dietary fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, manganese, phosphorus, and biotin. It fights inflammation and cancer and benefits the bones, heart, brain, and digestive system. I could go on.
So add this meal to your guilt-free comfort food repertoire, and you’re welcome!
Creamy Artichoke Cauliflower Bake
Super tasty comfort food that is surprisingly healthy and easy to whip up!
- 1 medium cauliflower, chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced cream sauce:
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon Bragg aminos
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon onion granules
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can Great Northern beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can water-packed whole artichoke hearts
- 1 kale leaf, stemmed and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet, water-sauté the onion with 1 cup of water on high, then turned to medium, covered, until tender, about 10 minutes. Add cauliflower for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Food process the garlic first, then all the sauce ingredients except the beans, kale, and artichokes.
- Add the beans, mixing until until smooth.
- Add the kale and artichoke last, pulsing just a few times, mixing only roughly.
- Pour sauce onto cauliflower an stir well. Pour into 9×9” or 11×8” baking dish lined with parchment paper or lightly sprayed with oil. Bake on top shelf for 30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve hot.
Friends, if you try this lovely recipe, let us know! Leave a comment it and tag a picture #veganrecipesforcompassion on Instagram! We’d love to see what you come up with. Cheers!