Rich, chocolatey heaven. This veganized version of the classic French dessert makes a perfectly indulgent treat.
Creamy, smooth, and mouth-watering. Not all chocolate chips are vegan so read your ingredients. Choose semi-sweet or sweet. If you only have bittersweet add some maple syrup (see notes).
Everything can be made with plants!
Here’s the printable, Pin-able recipe:
Decadent Chocolate Mousse
A luxurious and chocolatey treat.
- 1 ½ cups full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- 1 cup (vegan) semi-sweet or sweet chocolate chips Notes:
- If you’re using bittersweet chocolate chips, add 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Warm up ½ cup of the coconut milk on medium low heat in pan on stovetop.
- Stir in chocolate chips, stir until smooth. Remove from burner.
- In a separate bowl, briefly whisk the remaining coconut milk by hand or mixer until soft peaks form. Refrigerate ½ of this cream in another bowl for later.
- Gently fold into chocolate, stirring lightly. Pour into 4 bowls and refrigerate 1-4 hours. Garnish with rest of whipped cream and enjoy!
Remember to Pin for later…
If you try this yummy recipe, please let me know what you think! Leave a comment and tag a picture #veganrecipesforcompassion on Instagram! We’d love to see what you come up with. Enjoy!