This breakfast meal is soooo decadent and rich-tasting, but surprisingly healthy. Sugar-free, gluten-free, oil-free, and vegan of course! Besides the oven time, these beauties only takes 5 minutes to put together. Simple, warming, comforting… the perfect vegan brekkie.
Sweet potatoes are a powerhouse food and perfect if you workout or otherwise expend a lot of energy throughout your day.
They’re also great to curb a sugar craving for those getting off the white stuff. Want a sweet treat? Whip this up!
Breakfast Sweet Potatoes
A rich and creamy sweet breakfast that happens to be nutrient-rich and healthy too!
- 1 large Garnet sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons full-fat coconut milk
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ginger powder garnish:
- ¼ cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Poke sweet potato with fork then place on parchment-lined baking sheet or directly on rack. Cook for 45 minutes, or until tender. Remove and allow to cool 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a dry saucepan on stovetop at medium heat for 2 minutes. Add pecans, stir after 30 seconds, roast another 30 seconds, or until lightly browned. Remove from heat.
- Once cool, cut potato in half, then lengthwise. Gently scoop out the middles. Mash in bowl with 2 tablespoons coconut milk and seasonings. Return to shells.
- Drizzle with garnish. Enjoy!
Pin for later!
Friends, if you try this lovely recipe, let us know! Leave a comment it and tag your own picture #veganrecipesforcompassion on Instagram! We’d love to see what you come up with. In good health!