This sandwich destroys all grilled cheese sandwiches! It’s that good. Warm, crispy, melty… mmmmm mmm mm 🙂 And 100% Vegan of course! Happy cows!
Here’s what you’ll want to create this little masterpiece-for-your-mouth:
Provolone and Pesto Grilled Cheese
- 2 slices of your favorite bread
- 2 slices of Provolone “cheese”
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite pesto
- 2 tablespoons oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 5 black olives, sliced
- ½-inch onion, thinly sliced
- dash of garlic granules
- dash of onion granules
- dash of ground black pepper
- Place onions and tomatoes into small sauce pan, cover with water and salt of your choice. Boil, then simmer until tender and water’s gone.
- Oil your skillet and heat on medium for a few minutes. Spread one slice of bread with pesto, set aside. In the pan, layer the other slice of bread with 1 slice of cheese, olives, onions, and tomatoes, then the second slice of cheese.
- Sprinkle with spices and press the other slice of bread on top. Cover. Turn heat down slightly and flip once the bottom of the bread is browned, about a minute and a half. The next side won’t take as long so keep an eye on it.
- Test with your fingers or fork — once’s it’s very soft, it’s done! Slice and watch as the cheese melts into all the other yummy ingredients! Enjoy.
Order my copy now! 100+ more recipes!
Recipes for Compassion Vegan eCookbook, $10:
Thank you for your interest in compassionate eating!
♥ Meghan Elizabeth
facebook / instagram / pinterest