It’s officially FALL!!! My favorite time of year. Time to turn up the heat, bust out the blankets, and cozy up with a movie marathon and some warm, creamy soup!
Cauliflower, part of the brassica-genus, has anti-cancer and antibiotic compounds. It also gently stimulates a stagnant liver. It’s anti-inflammatory, high in fiber, and rich in vitamins and minerals. So eat up!
Creamy Roasted Cauliflower Soup
A rich and creamy soup recipe perfect for a cozy Fall dinner.
- 1 cauliflower, chopped
- ½ onion, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (15 ounce) can coconut milk
- ¼ cup plant milk
- 1½ teaspoons sea salt garnish:
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spread cauliflower on parchment-lined baking sheet, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes, remove to stir, then return to oven for 15 more minutes, until browned.
- For the last 3-4 minutes of roasting, add the almonds to a baking sheet and brown.
- Meanwhile, water-sauté the onion and garlic in 1 cup of water on medium-high heat, covered, for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Add yeast, herbs, and spices.
- Set aside a few pieces of the roasted cauliflower, then food process the rest with the onion plus coconut milk.
- Return to heat on low. Ladle into soup bowls, adding the rest of cauliflower with garnish to each bowl. Serve warm. Enjoy!
Perfect for a little soul-soothing! Cheers!
If you try this recipe, please share! Leave a comment below, and remember to take a picture and tag it #veganrecipesforcompassion on Instagram. I’d love to see! Thanks, friends!